The magic of television

The magic of television

« Older   Newer »

Group

Status
    The magic of television. How many times have we heard that? I'm particularly from a generation that grew up watching TV, sitting in front of a huge box of sights and sounds, with fantastic stories that somehow helped raise me (you can blame the TV, Mom!). I grew up watching superheroes in black and white, before the Avengers, which were then brought to new life with color. Animals that talked, sang and danced (some even flew).

Friendly Martians, genies in their bottle, kind witches who would fix any wrong by moving their noses, cars that drove themselves, stories about policemen, geniuses, fools, romance...stories that made you laugh, tik tok downloader cry, dream. Everything in a box that grew over time, that later flattened and grew more, and that went from being an object in the center of the house, where we met to watch a program together as a family, or that accompanied us in afternoons to do homework. I remember that on Sundays I always watched Los Magnificos (The A-Team) with my family, almost religiously. We laughed at Mr. T's phobia of airplanes and Colonel Hannibal Smith made us smile when he said “I love it when a plan comes to fruition”.

As you can see, it's not a lie, I'm from a generation that was raised in front of the television.

0 replies since 15/6/2022, 04:27   12 views