we continue to consume content

we continue to consume content

« Older   Newer »

Group

Status
    In these pages we have talked many times about how the way we consume content has changed, and how as that changes (note that I do not say “advance”, but “change”), the means by which we get it changes. (I mean, it's not just broadcast television, then cable, then the Internet brought us the most watched channel in the world, YouTube, whose stored content tiktok video downloader is so much that there is no way a human being can see everything there within their servants in one life). For a while we consumed it through discs or tape cartridges, then through streaming (Netflix started by renting DVDs that it sent by mail, for example), and some of those sites that distributed tapes (VHS or Betamax), have already closed almost completely (when As I write these lines, there is still ONE Blockbuster open in the world… you can Google what Blockbuster is, dear millennials).

But what hasn't changed is that we continue to consume content. We continue consuming stories. Stories that entertain us, that make us laugh and cry, and sometimes stories that inspire us. Television maintains that magic (and cinema too, of course, but television as a means of consuming content is the one in your home...and mobile devices, the ones in your hand). And Apple wants to be an important part of how we consume that magic, with its own magic, that of technology.

0 replies since 15/6/2022, 04:22   10 views