Nature in Spain is truly exceptional

« Older   Newer »

Group

Status
    Nature in Spain is truly exceptional
    In the country with the most UNESCO Biosphere Reserves in the world, you can find it all: lakes, mountains, volcanoes, marshes, forests, valleys, cliffs, and more. The diversity of Spain's landscapes will never cease to amaze you. Take a break from the daily grind, breathe deeply, and cast all your cares aside.

A short distance from the deserted Saharan coasts, along the rugged peaks of the Canary Island of La Gomera, one of the most unique and iconic forests in the Spanish State takes refuge. The persistent covering of mists that ascending from the Ocean clings to the island peaks, impregnating them with humidity and freshness, propitiates the miraculous existence of these splendid and mysterious jungles, the last surviving vestiges of the ancestral subtropical jungles that millions of years ago populated the area Mediterranean ".

The Canarian laurel forest, a relict ecosystem of the Tertiary that disappeared from the continent as a result of the Quaternary climate changes, finds refuge in the foggy area of ​​the Canary Islands. Garajonay is currently the best preserved sample of this ecosystem, hosting more than half of the mature laurel forests of the Archipelago. Other values ​​of the National Park are the diversity of types of plant formations, the large number of endemic species and the existence of spectacular geological monuments, such as Los Roques.

Group
    Administrator

Status
    For me the National Parks are very beautiful, I always go with a car with driver to take my family are the diversity of types of plant formations, the large number of endemic species and the existence of spectacular geological monuments, such as Los Roques.

1 replies since 14/6/2020, 17:42   38 views